Podcast #296: Why I Love My Apple Watch, Let Me Count The Ways
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Let it be known that I, Tom Beal, love and am super thankful for my Apple Watch.
Some simple sounding but awesome side effects that assist me in simplifying and making the most of my days:
1. Not having to dig into my pocket and pull phone out to see who’s texting or calling me; especially useful when driving.
2. Actually communicate with my key people more (simplicity of sending a text or calling them)
3. Use Siri more to schedule alarms, appointments, reminders, timers, etc. (rarely ever used it on phone)
4. Multiple band colors and ease of switching them (people notice & ask, “Didn’t you have a [insert color] watch yesterday?”)
Apps and functionality that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed:
1. Workout app (that is also simple to pause and resume which I use and show below at the 1/2 way mark on my walks each morning)
2. Maps (tells & buzzes you turn by turn en route to your destination)
3. Voice texts (You can choose to send the audio or the amazingly well transcribed text version.) Note: The animated emoji’s are cool too.
4. Passbook for Starbucks, airplane tickets, movie tickets
5. Uber app
6. Hotel tonight & Hotels app
7. Apple pay simplicity and convenience
8. What’s visible to me when I raise my arm: date, time, next appt, temp, upcoming sunrise/sunset time, battery life
9. Multi-device night stand for Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone and more